1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Private: Probate, Estates And Trusts
  4.  | Living Wills Durable Power Of Attorney Surrogate Health Care


No divorce is easy.

Your confidence in us matters.

Stuart Living Will Lawyer

In the event that you become incapacitated, the court will appoint an individual to assume control of your affairs. The court may choose someone whom you would not choose for yourself — unless you plan ahead. By taking proactive steps, you can ensure that your wishes are honored, even when you are incapacitated by illness or injury. At The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., our lawyers can help you determine which incapacity planning tools best fit your needs.

Take A Proactive Step: Durable Power Of Attorney

The only way to guarantee that a person you trust is put in charge of your affairs if you become incapacitated is to draft a power of attorney. With durable power of attorney, you appoint the person of your choice to assume responsibility for your affairs when you are no longer able to do so on your own.

Health Care Surrogate

Important medical decisions should be yours to make, whether you are incapacitated or not. With a health care surrogate or living will, you can make your wishes for medical intervention clear, to be followed by medical professionals in the event that you are unable to communicate your wishes directly. Our Stuart living will attorneys can help you draft documents that protect you and enforce your wishes.

Contact The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.

Protect yourself by planning ahead. Contact our office in Stuart, Florida, at 772-221-1922 or 866-603-9936. We serve clients throughout South Florida and the Treasure Coast region.