Is your loved one suffering from substance abuse?
We can help you with the Marchman Act.
weighing you down.
And we understand how distressing it is for family members when a loved one is in trouble, triggered by drugs. The attorneys at The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., offer timely assistance in such cases. We help spouses, parents, and others who are close to someone in a crisis to get the person into emergency substance abuse assessment and treatment for up to 90 days through Florida’s powerful Marchman Act.
How An Attorney
Taking advantage of the Marchman Act requires a clear understanding of its requirements. The processes of involuntary commitment for assessment, stabilization and treatment can be complex for family members to grasp. When time is of the essence, a lawyer’s guidance can be a lifesaver.
Our attorneys cut through the red tape and help our clients take care of their loved ones’ needs efficiently when drug addiction has resulted in an emergency. Without delay, we can lead you through the necessary steps.
Some people want to try to handle a Marchman Act commitment on their own. However, when they see the 56-page application for the court and realize how many critical decisions they must make, they then realize the value and importance of a lawyer’s guidance.
We can cut through the red tape and help you with efficiency in the event of an emergency.
Without delay, we can lead you through the
necessary steps. Our role may include:
- Obtaining a court’s approval to have your loved one taken to a county or private treatment facility for up to 90 days.
- As necessary, getting one or more 90-day extensions.
- Connecting you with follow-up resources.
- Helping you sort out insurance issues and arrange for payment.
- Devising a legal strategy in your family member’s best interests.
- Facilitating the development of a long-term plan.