A Skilled Divorce Lawyer Will Truly Add Value To Your Case
Many people dread working with a divorce attorney because they believe in myths such as the following:
- A do-it-yourself divorce will be simpler and more private.
- Divorce lawyers like to stir up disputes.
- Divorce lawyers are just out for your money.
- A divorce lawyer won’t understand what matters most to you.
Those are a few of the fears that cause many people to put off getting timely legal counsel.
In fact, it is in your best interests to have a knowledgeable advocate on your side as soon as you know a divorce is on the way. Many people make costly mistakes by trying out do-it-yourself divorces or waiting too long to get reliable legal advice.
How Our Attorneys Can Protect Your Interests Through The Divorce Process
When you work with a trustworthy attorney at The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., who is committed to advocating fervently for your rights, you can expect the following benefits:
- Even if divorce is still just a possibility, a good lawyer can help you plan wisely to come out on solid footing from which to build a new future.
- Your attorney will take time to listen carefully to your priorities and recommend strategies that honor your wishes while following effective legal processes.
- Your attorney will ensure that you do not neglect areas that call for close attention, such as allocation of health insurance responsibilities, division of business ownership rights, division of retirement assets and child custody variations as your children grow.
- If your spouse’s lawyer brings up conflicts that you did not anticipate, your attorney can address them promptly and prevent expensive back-and-forth motions from taking over your divorce against your will.
- Your attorney will alert you to pros and cons of negotiation tactics and advise you against costly actions such as arguing over household goods with legal fee meters running.
Bring Your Unique Concerns To Our Attention
Your financial portfolio and family circumstances will help determine the best pathway to a fair divorce settlement. The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., is ready to evaluate your case and make recommendations, no matter what stage your divorce is at so far. Call 772-221-1922 or 866-603-9936 or complete our online intake form to discuss the benefits a divorce attorney can bring.