Estate planning is essential for protecting your assets and your family. At The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., our lawyers have extensive experience in all areas related to estate planning.
Port St. Lucie Estate Planning Attorney
At our firm, we provide a full complement of estate planning services, including:
- Wills and trusts: Wills and trusts are the essential building blocks of any estate plan. However, every family has different needs. Our lawyers can analyze your family's assets and family structure to determine which estate planning tools best serve everyone in your family.
- Guardianships: Guardianships provide invaluable protection to children and vulnerable adults. We can assist you in establishing a guardianship or challenging a guardianship action.
- Baker and Marchman Act: The Baker Act and Marchman Act are designed to help people with mental illnesses and drug or alcohol addictions get the treatment they need. If your loved one suffers from substance abuse or mental illness, our attorneys can help.
- Probate: At The Gufford Law Firm, P.A., we take steps to help you complete the probate process without significant delays or unforeseen costs.
- Probate litigation: Even the most carefully crafted estate plans can be the center of a dispute. If you are an executor, our Stuart probate attorneys can defend you against challenges by family members. Conversely, if you are a family member, we can challenge the executor on your behalf.
- Living wills, durable power of attorney, surrogate health care: A living will and durable power of attorney are proactive steps you can take to ensure that your wishes are honored in the event that you become incapacitated as a result of injury or illness.
- Special needs planning: With special needs planning, you can take steps to ensure that your child's continuing needs will be met.
- Asset protection: Protect your assets from lawsuits and tax liabilities by choosing an estate planning tool that meets your particular needs.
Contact The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
Schedule a consultation with our lawyers by contacting our office in Stuart, Florida, at 772-221-1922 or 866-603-9936.